Most people are familiar with the movie Schindler’s List starring Liam Neeson as Oskar Schindler & Ralph Fiennes as the sadistic Amon Goth. Directed by Steven Spielberg, Schindler’s List is regarded as one of the best treatments of the Holocaust ever laid down on film. In this episode, we’re traveling to the city of Krakow, Poland to explore both the filming locations of the movie Schindler’s List and the history of places associated with it such as the Krakow Ghetto.
This episode was produced in partnership with The Gettysburg Museum of History. See how you can support history education & artifact preservation by visiting their website & store at https://www.gettysburgmuseumofhistory.com
Get your History Underground MERCH at www.thehistoryundergroundstore.com
Set yourself up with a 10% DISCOUNT on all Origin gear and nutritional products by entering the code “history10” at www.originmaine.com!
Other episodes that you might enjoy:
– The Verdun of the EASTERN FRONT at Przemysl Fortress in WWI | History Traveler Episode 207: https://youtu.be/HKZIyE2loAE
– The 12th SS Massacre of the Canadians in Normandy | History Traveler Episode 195: https://youtu.be/DCrG58SRc-M
– Holdy Battery: The Sister Gun Battery of Brecourt Manor | History Traveler Episode 187: https://youtu.be/JRFxIQ2X8fc
– German Bunkers of UTAH BEACH (D-Day!!!) | History Traveler Episode 190: https://youtu.be/M0InwW6lMpA
– The Private Collection of Major Dick Winters (EP 151): https://youtu.be/_MQd0EIBIgg
Support the effort to expand history education on PATREON: https://www.patreon.com/historyunderground